Wed, Dec 13|
Ethics in Complex Cases: Navigating Moral Dilemmas for BCBA Professionals
Time & Location
Dec 13, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM MST
About the event
In this training, learners will gain a comprehensive understanding of the intricate ethical challenges they may encounter in their professional practice. Throughout the course, participants will explore the principles and guidelines that govern ethical behavior within the field of applied behavior analysis. They will delve into real-world scenarios, case studies, and ethical dilemmas commonly faced by BCBAs, equipping them with the skills and knowledge needed to navigate these complex situations with confidence and integrity. By the end of this training, learners will not only enhance their grasp of ethical principles but also develop a practical toolkit for making ethically sound decisions, ensuring the highest standards of care and professionalism in their practice as BCBAs.
- Gain an understanding of ethical complexity and moral dilemmas in the context of applied behavior analysis (ABA), and their significance in professional practice.
- Develop practical skills in ethical decision-making, including the ability to analyze and navigate moral dilemmas, particularly in complex cases.
- Learn strategies for balancing client autonomy with their best interests, ensuring respectful and client-centered ethical practices.
- Identify common challenges related to confidentiality, privacy, and boundary issues in complex ABA scenarios, and apply ethical principles to address them effectively.
- Recognize the importance of reporting ethical challenges and seeking guidance when facing moral dilemmas, contributing to a culture of ethical awareness and accountability within the BCBA profession.